These are ideas to support the self-assessment of the Core Competencies during remote learning. It is important that these are not a checklist but rather a response, feedback, and reflect cycle on aspects of the Core Competencies that have been explicitly explored and taught.
If the student regularly engages in learning from home, could you:
- send them a self-assessment electronically (email, O365, Microsoft Teams etc.) to fill out and return.
- ask them some prompting questions during a conversation (phone, Zoom meeting etc.) and scribe their answers on a form.
- invite them to respond to prompting questions or statements with picture and word evidence.
If the student has not been engaging in learning from home, could you:
- try and reach out to have a conversation with them reflecting on their learning during this time.
- consider using information and self-assessments that have been gathered prior to Spring Break.
Many resources are found here that can be used or adapted for this purpose.